In this day and age- where everyone carries around a smart phone and has access to the Internet, you may wonder about the practicality of business cards.
These questions beg to be asked:
- How important are business cards if you’re a student
- How important are business cards if you’re unemployed?
- Do you still need one if you’re a creative or not looking for a job?
The short answer is YES.
Every man needs a business card or a calling card.
You need a business card for the sole reason that it provides an easy way for other people to get in touch with you.
A business card is necessary for 4 reasons:
1. Business cards give people the ability to follow up
• When you meet someone and develop that instant rapport you want to give them a chance to follow up with you instantly without having to reach for a pen or their phone.
2. Business cards show that you are a professional
• The littlest things we do send out the biggest messages. Something as simple as a business card is indicative that you took the time to actually put your information in a card. This immediately separates you from 99% of the other men out there who may be students like you or are out there seeking a job like yourself.
3. Having a business card keeps one focused on the goal
• In situations where one is trying to look for work it is not unusual to participate in a few networking events. If you decide to go to events like these with a certain number of business cards on your person then you can immediately create a goal for yourself.
4. Business cards can help make you referable
• A good business card will not only contain one’s name and contact details. It should also mention what that person’s skills are.